Mobile SMS Texting, when used properly, can make your business dominate your industry? There are now more Mobile devices than PCs and the number is still growing. Any savvy entrepreneur who embraces mobile marketing will surely reap benefits. However most people often ask me, ‘Cheryl, how will this SMS texting thing really help my business?”
Well, though there is no rule that SMS texting will gain the same result for your business vs another business, I have some tips that can help you.
1. Always stay clear from texting slang. Slang is usually a turnoff for your clients. Just use normal words and language that the ordinary person is used to. Some trendy terms (example: u, ur, pls, etc) may not harm though but be careful; your language will most likely influence your clients in pulling them to your business.
2. Hire a service provider that supports your marketing strategies to increase sales for you and is cost effective. Imagine your business having a VIP text messaging Club with 20,000 clients, as some businesses have and you wanting to fill some empty spots within your business. Sending out tens of thousands of emails may be costly and not as effective as it would be if you texted your client on-the-go. By the time your client reads the email on their computer, your offer may be gone therefore driving no clients to your business and the end result…no sales. You need a service provider that can allow this kind of bulk messages at a cost you feel comfortable with and on a timely basis.
3. Integrate text-message marketing with other offline marketing strategies. Think of sending people and your existing clients to your place of business using text messages. Making your website a web sensation is extremely important. Having mobile and email optins are extremely important these days. Look for ways offline media can be integrated to your campaign. A little creativity is all that you require. Remember you need to test everything. You never know. For example: I was recently at a shoe store and saw on the front counter a sign asking me to optin to their mobile keyword for 10% off my current purchase. I did just that and I received not only the 10% discount but also 2 for 1 special. Ever since that day, that shoe store sends me SMS test messages when they are having their specials. If it wasn’t for that initial optin, I would have missed all the specials and the store would have missed my sale. This is a great example of maximizing your business sales through Mobile. I am sure you can come up with tons more of mobile strategies for your business.
4. Hold contests, have special offers and give coupons. Wow! This is a big one. If you have ‘a buy one get one free offer’ nothing can bring a flood of customers like text messages. Have people compete for valuable prices by send messages that brand your business.
5. Be patient and allow time to build your Mobile campaigns. Just like any endeavor of business, time is the determining factor. It takes time to build a mobile number list and it takes time to connect to your client mobile list. So don’t give up too soon. You may not have a mobile list at the moment. However, start collecting your customer’s mobile numbers and email addresses. This is the most valuable asset you can ever acquire for online marketing strategies. Start by giving out coupons in exchange of their numbers. You will be surprised how supportive they will be. But give genuine reasons why you need their numbers. Say something like’ occasionally we do have sales for loyal customers only and we need a way of relying the messages quickly.’
If you need any help in implementing any Mobile or Online Digital Marketing campaigns we are here to help. We would love to help your business grow in both revenue and clients. Do not hesitate to call or email us at: email@example.com. Please feel free to comment below and share your Mobile campaign successes with us.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Cheryl is an Online Digital Marketing specialist for local business. She specializes in working with car dealerships, lawyers and medical professionals. However what ever size or type of a local brick and mortar business you own, Cheryl has help for everyone! She has over 25 yrs experience as a successful local business owner. In 2010 she started speaking and mentoring to local business entrepreneurs with her own products, programs and consulting to help them increase sales and clients with technology advancements in the “new economy”. Book your FREE 30 minute complimentary assessment today at http://meetme.so/CherylLynn If you are interested in having Cheryl speak are your next event please click on the following link to learn more: http://www.cheryllynninternational.com/speaking