Establish Profile Authority Follow Google’s Best Practice’s Guide here:
• Verify and Claim your Listings at http://www.getlisted.org
◦ Claim at least Google, Bing, Yahoo and Superpages
• Complete all info thoroughly, including clear, long, excellent description (Basic and Enhanced Information)
• Establish NAP format
• Use email matching domain to register account
• Establish photo shoots with Google when possible. Always upload at least 5 pictures
• Use images and video, (walk-through, testimonials)
• Establish Service area
• Utilize QR Codes when possible
• Real Address, No UPS or PO Boxes
• Consider implications of Walk-in versus Service Based
Stay Away from:
• Violating Google’s Suggestions
• Using 800 Numbers
• Using Phone Number Tracking
• P.O. / UPS Boxes
• Multiple Place Pages / location
• Duplicate Phone on Multiple Place Pages
Implement a Review Acquisition System:
• Professional Service offices should create a ‘Thank You’ post card when a thank you mentioned in the office,
including instructions to leave a review on Zagat.
• Properly train employees to have a lending ear for positive feedback from customers, patients and clients.
• Encourage positive customers to leave a review online.
• Use the hReview HTML Rich Snippet Markup on Website for reviews.
◦ Link Reviewers’ name to their online social profile, preferably LinkedIn.
◦ Do not solicit reviews. Only ask to leave a digital review if a verbal unsolicited testimonial is provided.
3. Social Media
Create and participate in social media channels
Create a Business Page or Fan Page
◦ Facebook (Get Vanity URL after 25 likes)
◦ Google+ Local
Follow Best Practices
◦ Product / Services
◦ SEO Optimization
Engage with Audience
• Add value
• Use LinkedIn for B2B Sales
• Online Reputation Management Strategy
Acquire citations from at least the following sources.
• Annual Reports, SEC Information
• Federal, State and City Gov’ts
• Business Magazines
• Postal Service Information
Data Providers & Review Sites (US)
• Theme Sites
• Yahoo Local
• Angie’s List
• Judy’s Book
Outside the Box
• ATM or Kiosk at your location? List in directories
• National Register of Historic Places
• Free Wifi Directories
• RedBox Directory
• Sponsorships / Charity Events
• Speaking Engagements, Host a Weather Station
Local Businesses can create and distribute four types of video:
I. Office / Warehouse Walk through
II. Testimonial Videos
III. Operational (for product / service)
IV. Commercial (advertisement for product / service)
• Distribution to YouTube is critical. Optimize video title and description similar to this video.
• Promote through Social Channels once distributed and optimized.
6. Local PR
Create and distribute an effective press release. Hire a local writer from the local news paper. Distribute the local press release to at least ten local publications, including:
• Local Newspaper
• Regional Newspaper
• Local FREE Publications (pick one up a Chiropractor’s office)
• Local Chamber of Commerce
• Local College – Approach business admin
7. Website On-The-Page SEO
This is only a partial list of the factors and represents the most important items to complete.
1. Validate your HTML code so it is “spider” compliant. http://validator.w3.org/
2. Text link navigation at the bottom of the page. Use your keywords as anchor text.
3. The Title Tag should be compelling and focused.
4. Your description tag needs to work hand-in-hand with the Title to get the searcher to “click” on the listing.
5. Every page should have a unique (60% of the words completely original) Title & Description.
6. H1 tag should be used and should be very compelling
7. Add ALT tags to your main graphics and do not attempt to fool the Search Engines here.
8. Place your keyword phrase in the following areas:
i. Title Tag
ii. Meta Description
iii. H1 tag to begin the content
iv. First paragraph of content
v. Appearing in Bold or Italic in the first three paragraphs of content (if possible, not that big of a
vi. Appearing in the filename (or directory name)
vii. Used in anchor text to either an internal page or relevant external site.
viii. Fix bad links and create XML Sitemap and submit to Google.
8. Company Blog
This is a critical piece for any Internet Marketing Strategy for a business. Almost every piece of marketing communication can be hosted on a blog including all types of media.
• Use WordPress Self Hosted
• Use SEO Plugins (All-in-One-SEO)
• Blog Weekly
• Internal Links to Business Website
• Opt-in Conversion Optimization (Welcome Gate / PopUp / Scipt)
• Create compelling content prospects can relate to
9. External Links
Link Building is critical for Organic SEO Rankings in the SERPs. Find sources to link to the following pages, including your root domain.
Location Based Pages
• Local newspaper (PR Campaigns)
• Chamber or Networking Groups
• Local Directories / Phonebooks
Theme Related Pages
• Directories / Data Providers
• Social Networking Groups and Sites
• High Authority Exposure
10. Systems for Measurement and Corrections
It is said that everything that is measured improves. Create the systems for measurement in your
business and measure at least the following items for your online marketing campaign.
I. Claimed Listings
II. KW Rankings
III. KW Strategy
IV. Competitive Research
V. Citation Acquisition Strategy
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Cheryl is an Online Digital Marketing specialist for local business. She specializes in working with car dealerships, real estate and medical professionals. She has over 25 yrs experience as a successful local business owner. In 2010 she started speaking and mentoring to local business entrepreneurs with her own products, programs and consulting to help them increase sales and clients with technology advancements in the “new economy”. Book your FREE 15 minute complimentary assessment today at http://meetme.so/CherylLynn If you are interested in having Cheryl speak are your next event please click on the following link to learn more: http://www.cheryllynninternational.com/speaking